New Computer Science Undergraduate Course is introduced by University of York
3 November 2017
University of York is delighted to introduce a new and exciting Under Graduate Program by its Department of Computer Science in order to provide you a solid foundation in the principles and practices of coding, mathematics and basic engineering.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England and its campus incorporates the York Science Park & the National Science Learning Centre.
It is named the Eighth Best University under 50 years old in the world and first in UK. Having more than thirty departments and centres & covering a wide range of subjects it is building a "reputation to rival Oxford 7 Cambridge”. It has an impressive reputation for Research with Computer Science.
The Under Graduate Computer Science program
- MEng (Hons) Computer Science with Cyber Security
- MEng (Hons) Computer Science with Cyber Security with a year in Industry
This program will give you
- Breadth in computer science and related technical disciplines; and advanced training in focussed areas of your choice including secure systems, cryptography and forensic analysis of incidents.
- Flexibility to transfer between Computer Science Courses at any time until the end of the first year. Joint honours courses will remain exception.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles underpinning effective approaches to cyber defence & an access to the theories, principles, practices and technologies of cyber security and you will gain
- AAA-AAB including an A Level in Mathematics
- IB overall grade of 36 - 35 points, with a grade 6 in Mathematics at Higher Level or international equivalent
IELTS: 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
TOEFL: 87 overall with a minimum of 21 in all components