UK universities offering coronavirus travel and test support packages to International students
11 June 2021
Many UK universities have announced plans to offer additional financial support to international students travelling to the UK from red, green and amber list countries and you can meet them at the SI-UK University Fair Online on June 25th to learn more.
Universities in the UK are offering travel and test support packages to help ease the burden of additional financial costs that students may have to bear due to travel restrictions imposed during the pandemic. Currently India is on the Red-list and any student travelling from or through India will need to stay at a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days upon arrival incurring a cost of £1,750. Additionally students will have to pay for covid tests on Day 2 and Day 8 costing between £170 to £575.
UK universities will reimburse such costs partially or fully depending on their plans and Indian students can meet them at the upcoming SI-UK University Fair Online to find out more.
Over 70 UK universities will be available at the June 2021 online fair, India’s largest UK university fair where students can meet UK university international officers and representatives directly and discuss courses, tuition fee, entry requirements, waivers and scholarships, visa and accommodation. Entry is free by registration and students can meet as many universities as they like for a one-to-one interaction.
Meet UK universities offering quarantine, travel and test support packages at the SI-UK University Fair 2021:
- University of Bristol (offering to cover quarantine hotel costs up to £1,750)
- University of York (offering to cover quarantine hotel cost up to £1,750)
- Cardiff University (offering to cover quarantine hotel cost up to £1,750)
- London Metropolitan University (offering to cover quarantine hotel cost up to £1,750)
- Royal Holloway University of London (Offering to cover quarantine hotel cost up to £1,500 and covid test cost up to £150)
- Cranfield University (offering the Cranfield International Arrivals Bursary to cover costs of covid tests, quarantine hotel costs and travel costs from airport to campus)
- Lancaster University (offering to cover half of the quarantine hotel cost currently up to £875)
- University of Exeter (offering financial support through ‘Success for All Funds’)
If you wish to meet these universities and find out more about the quarantine travel and financial support offered to Indian students for the September 2021 intake, attend the SI-UK University Fair Online on Friday, June 25th between 12pm to 5pm.