Scholarships for Indian Students
Scholarship Advice at the SI-UK University Fair Kochi Online
SI-UK can help Indian students interested in studying in the UK secure scholarships, grants and bursaries. Our close relationship with UK universities, combined with our online resources, means all deserving applicants can find the right scholarship to benefit their future.
What types of funding are available in the UK?
There are many different types of scholarship that Indian students can apply for in the UK, including:
- Full scholarships that cover tuition fees and living costs
- Part scholarships that cover a variety or a small section of expenses, such as living costs or whole or part of your tuition fees
- Country-based scholarships which are only open to students of a particular region or country
- Course scholarships that are only open to students on a particular course
- Government scholarships that are funded by the Government and run through companies such as Chevening or the Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
What is the difference between a scholarship, grant and bursary?
- Scholarship: A payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of academic ability
- Grant: A payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of ability, circumstance or financial need
- Bursary: A payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of financial need
Scholarships at the SI-UK University Fair Online Kochi 2021
University of Exeter GREAT Scholarship worth £10,000
Indian students holding an offer for an eligible full-time postgraduate taught programme in Politics, Law or Education / Sport and Health Sciences or Geography / Renewable Energy commencing in September 2021 at the University of Exeter can apply for the £10,000 scholarship.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarships upto £20,000 for Indian students at the University of York.
- Be Exceptional Scholarships available as a tuition fee discount of £2,500 to £7,500 for the academic year 2021/22.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for the highest achieving students at undergraduate and postgraduate taught level as a tuition fee discount in the range of £10,000 to £20,000.
Outstanding Achievement Scholarships worth £2,500
5 scholarships of the award value of £2,500 exclusively for Indian students for undergraduate courses for January 2022 in conjunction with the Engineering and Physical Sciences or Law Undergraduate scholarships, which could mean a first year discount up to £5500.
Scholarships upto £10,000 for undergraduate and postgraduate courses starting in September 2021.
- Global Excellence Award of £2,000 for an undergraduate course at the department of Science and Engineering.
- Economics and Finance scholarships of the value £3,000.
- Twenty undergraduate scholarships of £4000 for Business and Management courses.
- £1,000- £3,000 scholarships for postgraduate taught courses in finance, economics, science, law, economics and engineering.
Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships
5 fully-funded postgraduate scholarships on offer for STEM based masters courses in the field of climate change at the University of Warwick. The scholarship award includes tuition fee along with a fifteen month stipend for accommodation.
January 2022 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship is available for meritorious students with awards ranging from 50% to 100% of tuition fee.
- Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships worth £4,000 for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. A total of 200 scholarships are on offer for September 2021 courses.
A range of scholarships for September 2021 intake are available
- Vice-Chancellor Scholarship: ranges from £5,250-£8,500
- International Institution and School Partnership Bursary: ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Mature Student Bursary: ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Global Bursary: £5,000
- Progression Bursary: ranges from £3,000-£5,000
- Short-course Alumni Bursary: ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Alumni and Family Bursary: ranges from £2,000-£5,000
- Early-Payment Fee Waiver: £1,500
Cardiff India Scholarships for £5000
These scholarships are open to all Indian students enrolling in postgraduate programmes, ranging from MBA to Engineering.
Inspire India Scholarship- Fully funded
One full scholarship covering the cost of the tuition fees for an Indian national joining their MSc Business Management programme.
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
£2000 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for international students across a wide range of subject areas at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
SI-UK University Fair Online Kochi Registration
Universities at the Fair want you to study in the UK, and many will do whatever they can to help you achieve that, including making you aware of the different types of financial aid which are available to apply for.
Register today for free entry to the SI-UK University Fair Online Kochi on Saturday, October 16th to meet UK universities online, and to speak to our international application experts about scholarships and funding in the UK.