1. We do our utmost to protect the privacy of our users through the appropriate use of secure technologies. This means:
We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information.
We ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider employs appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You will receive marketing emails from SI-UK only if you are voluntarily registered for our email newsletter. We will never share your email address with any third parties without your permission.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you register for our email newsletter.
Certain services that we provide may involve the collection of additional information, such as your geographic location from time to time, to enable our services to be provided as designed. In particular, this pertains to the use of geolocation to suggest the most appropriate local version of our website.
Registration and Counselling Enquiries
The minimum information we need to register a user to our email newsletter is an email address. We will ask further questions for different services. For example, access to our Online Library requires a name, email address and password. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, Counselling Reservations) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalise services for our users.
Following registration to our email newsletter or counselling service, you may be sent regular emails from SI-UK. You will be able to unsubscribe from these at any time.
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users come to our sites and how often they visit. We collect data listing which pages are most frequently visited and by which users and from which countries.
If you would like to update or remove some or all of your personal information from our system, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to comply with your request.