Free Visa Advice | UK University Fair India
Free Visa Advice | UK University Fair India

Visa Support

SI-UK’s experienced visa consultants are registered with the Home Office.

Student Visa Procedures

If you wish to study at a UK university, college and language school then you will need to apply for a visa. Applying for a visa is normally the last hurdle in the admissions process; however it is essential that students start preparing for it immediately, saving stress later in time.

What do I need for my visa application?

Before preparing your application, you will need a number of different documents (all original copies) to prove who you say you are. These include:

  • Your current passport and any previous passports that you have, that contain a UK visa
  • Two passport photos which meet the requirements of the Home Office
  • Financial documents which prove you have the required funds available to you
  • If you are being officially financially sponsored you will need a letter from your sponsor confirming the sponsorship arrangements
  • Evidence of previous qualifications

If you are deemed to be in a low-risk country by the Home Office, you might not even need to send in all of the above to obtain your visa. Be sure to have them ready though, just in case. All visa application forms are now available on the Home Office online portal.

Two-year post-study work visa

The two-year post-study work visa allows Indian students who successfully complete an undergraduate degree in the UK to stay in the country for a further two years after graduation.

The scheme aims to provide greater opportunities to international students who wish to remain in the UK after the successful completion of their degree and, after issuing over 250,000 study visas to international students wishing to study in the UK last year - 13% higher than the preceding 12 months - the UK remains a premier global study destination.

Attend the UK University Fair India

Learn more about all aspects of studying in the UK by meeting UK universities at an upcoming UK University Fair in India.

Types of Student Visa

Types of student visa Who can apply?

Student visa

You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

  • Have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
  • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
  • Can speak, read, write and understand English
Student visa (family members)

Your partner and children (‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come to the UK or stay longer in the UK. You must be one of the following:

  • A full-time student on a postgraduate level course (RQF level 7 or above) that lasts 9 months or longer
  • A new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • A Doctorate Extension Scheme student
Child Student visa

You can apply for a Child Student visa if you’re between 4 and 17 years old and you want to study at an independent school in the UK. You must:

  • Have an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school
  • Be able to show you’ll have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course
  • Have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK - you’ll need to prove this when you apply

Standard Visitor

You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months) and other permitted activities.

Short Term Study

You can apply for a Short-term study visa to study English language in the UK on courses lasting between 6-11 months.

© 2023 SI-UK |

All rights reserved

| Privacy Policy
© 2023 SI-UK |

All rights reserved

| Privacy Policy